Stay safe, stay active
Staying safe in our pools and spas
Frequently Asked Questions - Swimming & Spa
Indoor Pools - now open
Do I have to book a slot on the app to use the pool?
No, pre-booking a slot in our pools is not necessary. Pool capacity will be managed by our friendly club teams.
Is there a limit on the number of people allowed in the pool at any one time?
We’ve added maximum occupancy limits to all of our pools to ensure you can swim with the space you need. This limit will vary by club. The maximum number of swimmers per pool will be capped at 50.
We are asking swimmers to swim at 5m intervals to ensure spacing is maintained.
Can I borrow any swimming equipment?
We are unable to loan any equipment such as goggles, woggles and headphones (for spa areas) during this time to minimise any risk of contamination. These can be bought from reception.
Are towels allowed to be taken to the poolside?
Yes, towels can be taken to the poolside and be used in all wet areas and changing areas.
Are the poolside spa facilities (steam room, sauna and whirlpool) available?
Whirlpools are in use where social distancing can be maintained, and with clear capacity limits. For some clubs this will mean we can only allow 1 person (or household) in the whirlpool at any one time.
Our saunas and steam rooms reopened on 17th May.
Are the changing facilities open as normal?
Our changing roomsare available, with measures in place to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures and social distancing. Measures include:
- We’re displaying clear signage to indicate which facilities are and aren't available for use.
- Cleaning products are available for use in all changing rooms, and are positioned suitably above ground level to ensure children can't pick them up.
Swimming lessons & Classes
Are swimming lessons running?
Swimming lessons resumed from 18th April, we will be in touch with details for all children who have lessons with us.
All stages of our All Stars programme are available, with limitations on class sizes and other minor changes in place.
We're also running Adult & Baby and Adult & Toddler classes, with the coach teaching from the side of the pool.
Swimming coaches are unable to have any direct physical contact with children during the lesson, and coaches are only able to teach from the poolside. This also means coaches are unable to put a child's swimming hat and goggles on before a lesson, so parents are asked to help their child put their hat and goggles on prior to the class. Parents are asked to be in the water with their children during preschool and Level 1&2 classes.
We’re not able to allow parents to watch from the poolside – children should be dropped off and collected at the appointed time and place. We’ve also introduced a 5 minute period between lessons to allow for cleaning of all touchpoints ahead of the following lesson.
Will Aqua classes be running indoors?
Aqua classes are now available indoors.
Interested in joining Harbour Club? Enquire now >
Stay safe, stay active
- We are closely following government guidelines and working with UKActive, and we will amend our procedures in line with any changes to regulations.
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell and let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- Help keep yourself safe by wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands frequently.
- Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club.
- Please bring your own towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Please keep social distancing in mind at all times, and leave plenty of space between yourself and other members.
- Download the Harbour Club mobile app - you'll need to use it to book all classes, courts and kids classes.
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices, but of course if you have feedback for us please directly contact us.