Stay safe, stay active
Staying safe in our pools and spas
Frequently Asked Questions - Swimming & Spa
Will I have to book a slot on the app to use the pool?
No, pre-booking a slot in our pools is not necessary. Pool capacity will be managed by our friendly club teams.
Will there be a limit on the number of people allowed in the pool at any one time?
We’ve added maximum occupancy limits to all of our pools to ensure you can swim with the space you need. This limit will vary by club. The maximum number of swimmers per pool will be capped at 50.
We are asking swimmers to swim at 5m intervals to ensure spacing is maintained.
How about kids' pools?
The same rules apply to children's pools. This may mean that for smaller children's pools, we are only able to allow 1 or 2 families to be in the water at any one time.
Will sun loungers be available to use at clubs with outdoor pools?
Sun loungers will be available but should be kept 2m apart (unless occupied by members of the same household) and be wiped down with the appropriate cleaning products after each use.
Will I be able to borrow any swimming equipment
We are unable to loan any equipment such as goggles, woggles and headphones (for spa areas) during this time to minimise any risk of contamination. These can be bought from reception.
Are towels allowed to be taken to the poolside?
Yes, towels can be taken to the poolside and be used in all wet areas and changing areas.
Will spa facilities (steam room, sauna and whirlpool) be available?
Our spa facilities, including saunas and steam rooms, are now open. We are managing the capacity for each space locally, with each of our Clubs displaying a sign next to the sauna and steam room with the maximum number of users. Social distancing must be maintained when using these facilities too.
Whirlpools are in use where social distancing can be maintained, and with clear capacity limits. For some clubs this means we can only allow 1 person (or household) in the whirlpool at any one time.
Will the changing facilities be open as normal?
Our changing rooms will be available, with measures in place to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures and social distancing. Measures will include:
- Some lockers will be taken out of use to create space between them.
- We’ll display clear signage to indicate which facilities are and aren't available for use.
- We’ll be taking all baby and toddler play pens out of use.
- Cleaning products will be available for use in all changing rooms, and will be positioned suitably above ground level to ensure children can't pick them up.
Swimming lessons and classes
Will swimming lessons be running?
Our All Stars programme will be starting from September 3rd, with limitations on class sizes and other minor changes in place. Lessons with be for Stage 3 and above.
We'll also be running Adult & Baby and Adult & Toddler classes, with the coach teaching from the side of the pool.
Swimming coaches are unable to have any direct physical contact with children during the lesson, and coaches are only able to teach from the poolside, so we cannot deliver lessons pre-school or Stage 1 and 2 lessons. This also means coaches are unable to put a child's swimming hat and goggles on before a lesson, so parents are asked to help their child put their hat and goggles on prior to the class.
We’re not able to allow parents to watch from the poolside – children should be dropped off and collected at the appointed time and place.
We’ll introduce a 5 minute period between lessons to allow for cleaning of all touchpoints ahead of the following lesson.
Will Aqua classes be running?
Yes, Aqua classes will be running and will be available to members over the age of 16.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
If you're an existing member with a query, contact us here >
Interested in joining Harbour Club? Enquire now >
Stay safe, stay active
- We are closely following government guidelines and working with UKActive, and we will amend our procedures in line with any changes to regulations.
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell and let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- Help keep yourself safe by wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands frequently.
- Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club.
- Please bring your own towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Please keep social distancing in mind at all times, and leave plenty of space between yourself and other members.
- Download the Harbour Club mobile app - you'll need to use it to book all classes, courts and kids classes.
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices, but of course if you have feedback for us please directly contact us.